Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Anyone for Cupcakes or How about some Strawberries?

 
Sometimes you just need a break from making big quilts which can take forever to complete, so it can be quite satisfying to create something small in a day..........like a pincushion or two.
 

As you can tell, I got just a little carried away! 

I had seen various cupcake pincushion styles out there, but wasn't happy with the designs so decided to come up with my own. These are now selling in the gift shop at the Wildlife park where I work so it was worth the effort :)
  

In the meantime, progress is being made with the basket quilt, sashings are going on the ready quilted blocks.........


A quilt is gradually coming to life........ have I mentioned that I love this Quilt as you Go method?

May have to change that dark blue circle though
back view
'till next time, happy stitching :)

7 comments:

Sandra Henderson said...

I love, love, love your work! I think this is a great idea of quilting as you go. The baskets are beautiful! You get so much done! The garden looks so green and colorful. You having a great growing season, it appears.

Shirley said...

Gisele those strawberries and cupcakes look good enough to eat. I am with Sandra your work is so good, love seeing it.

Cathi said...

Your cupcakes and strawberries are absolutely gorgeous!!
I am so intrigued by this quilt as you go method.
I love that basket quilt -- it is oh, so pretty!

Theodora quilts said...

Hello Gisele ,I am glad to see you active making beautiful things such as those lovely cupcakes yum yum they look good enough to eat , and the basket quilt is lovely also . I am sorry to hear that you were ill and now that you have recovered I wish you many healthy years ahead of you and plenty of energy to make more beautiful crafts. Theodora

Oops-Lah said...

How cute are your strawberries and cupcakes! And yes, you really got a bit carried away ;). Love your quilt as you go baskets!

Kay said...

I have just foound your blog and fallen in love with your cupcakes and strawberries.

Siobhán said...

Your strawberries are too cute! I love how you have them displayed. The cupcakes are adorable, too.

Your basket quilt is GORGEOUS!! I'm getting ready to start mine--just need to get caught up on a few other WIPs before I'll allow myself to start.

I'm off to look at the rest of your blog--my 22 yr old daughter is working at a hotel in St. Aubin for the summer--this is her second year. She LOVES it there!