Sunday, October 31, 2010

October Clamshells

Having stitched so few in September it was time to catch up for this month's update but first I needed to prepare more clamshells. My rows are now getting bigger requiring more clams of each colour & pattern so I printed off a whole batch with Inklingo .......

.........and then spent an evening cutting them out ready for stitching.

My clams around the world are growing, I've stitched 84 of these little beauties since the last update & it now measures 55" point to point. I think I'll be adding just two more rows after this faded red row, then it will be nice shorter rows to start filling in the corners & square it up.
Happy stitching :)

13 comments:

Karen said...

You had an excellent clamshell month Gisele! Looking lovely!

Oops-Lah said...

Great progress! It looks stunning!

grendelskin said...

Your clams around the world is going to be just stunning - it is already stunning! Terrific work this month.

Shirley said...

Gisele it looks fantastic.
Love Shirley.x

Theodora quilts said...

I love how it is coming together ,the colors are so pretty together, I am envious of your consistancy on completing your projects , where as I like to roam between 5-6 projects I must be more consistant. hugs theodora

Valentina said...

Gisele, sigh... You take my breath away!
It is turning out to be such a treasure!
As I have been making some Klosjes with this faded red as well, I have been thinking of YOU! Doesn't it thread beautifully?
Missed you, friend!
:)

quilting Jeannet said...

Wow Gisele! I did,t see such a nice clamsels row by row, that is a wonderfull idea, and the fabrics from Frnch Generaal are very good for it.

Nice weekend! Jeannet

Theodora quilts said...

Hi Gisele ,I wish you a Happy Holiday Season and look forward to a new post,xoxo theodora

Marieke said...

Hope you are okay! The clamshalls look great!

Sandra Henderson said...

Gisele, I miss you SOOO MUCH!!!~
Please email me at:
cumberlandquiltchick@yahoo.com
I've been concerned about you. I moved off the island and am no longer blogging. Please, please let me know you are okay my friend. XO

Frances Leate said...

Your clamshells are fantastic and I am now inspired to do a clamshell quilt soon. Happy stitching

Sandra Henderson said...

If anyone reads this, I heard from Gisele today. She is fine. She is currently without internet, but will be back blogging soon! :)

Oops-Lah said...

well, that's really good news. Thanks for letting us know.
Cheers
Vreni