Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Home Again - Klosjes & Flowers

We're back in Jersey having had a lovely break visiting Mum in France. She lives in rural Brittany which is very quiet & relaxing with beautiful countryside as in Bon Repos above. This is where the Daoulas river joins the canal which runs from Nantes to Brest & in the background you can see the ruins of the abbey gradually being restored having been destroyed by fire centuries ago.

I managed to finish the Klosjes quilt just in time, Mum was thrilled & surprised with her gift.

I had taken it to work at Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust before we left & made the most of our beautiful grounds & granite buildings around the Manor house to have a little photo shoot.

The white door at the top of the above picture is the entrance to my office.

As I had been spending most of my time focusing on finishing the Klosjes quilt, my hexi flowers had been neglected ........

.........but I managed to make a few whilst on holiday

5 more were added to the pile

and a few clamshells were stitched too!

More to be revealed at the end of the month!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your klosjesquilt is just STUNNING!

And the same goes for your flowers...wow.

bockel24 said...

Thanks for sharing those wonderful photos (I didn´t know your mother lives in France), and your first hexi flower is my favourite.

Oops-Lah said...

Love, love, love your quilt; and the photos are stunning (Kaffe Fasset eat your heard out!!!) Your flower garden is growing nicely too. So glad you had a nice time with your mum in France. Have a great weekend. Vreni

Oops-Lah said...

Sorry: I meant to say: eat your heart out ;)

Karen said...

Welcome back! Your klosjes quilt is wonderful, such beautiful photo's. What a lovely place to work. Five excellent hexagon flowers and sweet clamshells!

Daniƫlle said...

Your klosjes quilts is gorgeous, can imagine your mother being thrilled!! Great flowers!! Have fun making your clamshells! Hugs, Daniƫlle

Shirley said...

I was so inspired by your lovely fussy cut hexagons and they just keep on growing better each time. I bet your mum was thrilled with the klosjes quilt, still plodding on with mine - one day!! Clamshells is beautiful too. Sigh!! Such beautiful surroundings can only inspire such creativity.
Love Shirley.

Birdie said...

Very lovely fussy cut flowers.

Gretz said...

Love your quilt Gisele, I bet your Mum loved it. Not listening about you going to France, have my hands over my ears LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA

ha ah - My next holiday ahs to be to France :-)

Cathi said...

Your klosjes quilt for your mom is absolutely gorgeous! The photos of it in that setting are just beautiful!
I can't wait to see your clamshells at month-end. :-)

Marieke said...

Wow: you've already finished your klosjesquilt and it looks wonderful! So do your hexies: great, bright colours!

Valentina said...

Gisele, congratulations... from the bottom of my heart. What a stunner, and your pictures! wow... And that's your office door?! :)
Your mum must have been so so thrilled. I am happy you had a great break. I cannot wait until you reveal more of your clam-shells. I am not even going to comment on your flowers!!! ...unbelievable...
:)

Sammy said...

beautiful fabric. I really love your hexagons.
Simply refreshing. It reminds me of the colors of the old world.
thanks for sharing.
Also, thanks for visiting, and the lovely comment
Love,

-Samya :-)

Theodora quilts said...

Nice fussy cutting on those hexes they look great makes me what to go home and start making some. I am sure your Mum was stunned with the beauty of your clamshells.

gerda said...

So *B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L* !!!!!
I like them ALL..:0))
have a nice day..

Miriam said...

I have just found your blog. I really love your fussy cutting on your hexies!
Wonderful fabrics for your clamshells....love Rouenneries!!!