Tuesday, July 28, 2015

POTC


Back in 2010 when I first started dabbling with patchwork, this was one of the first books I bought & was totally inspired by this lady's amazing patchworks all done by hand which is what started me with my love of English Paper Piecing (EPP)
I have read this book many times from cover to cover & had one day planned to make this iconic quilt of hers........ The Patchwork of the Crosses
Well that day has come & I've finally made a start. 
For this quilt I've chosen to work mainly with Civil War reproduction fabrics from my stash although a few extra fat quarters may be acquired along the way, well we always need a bit more variety, don't we?

Here are the first few blocks: 




These 2" squares below are great for using up small scraps & really fun to fussy cut. They form the centres of what I call the connecting blocks or even could be considered as cornerstones between the main blocks 
Hmmmm..........I'm already seeing another quilt design forming using these fun squares, Watch this space!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I am loving your Patchwork of the Crosses and feeling inspired. I am just amazed at all the possibilities for this block. It is going to be an amazing quilt.x

Oops-Lah said...

Quite recently these blocks were all over social media but they have become a bit quiet recently. I really like the look of your blocks and also think this is going to be another beautiful quilt.