Sunday, March 10, 2013

February catch up

1. Well February went by so quick & I missed the New UFO link up party as I just haven't really felt like blogging, would rather be sewing! So what did I get done?


I did actually get the Sue Spargo Bird Dance BOM started & need to crack on with this as this is only as far as I've got, Feb's kit has arrived & before long the March one will be on it's way!
2. A lot of 1.5" strips were cut in preparation for these........
I've been wanting to have a go at making some of these scrappy log cabins for a while & inspired by Kathy at Inspired by Antique Quilts post here, decided to dive in and make some. These are not as small as Kathy's but fun to make, we have 40 so far.
All the scraps left over & too small to make logs are cut into 1.5" squares & made into scrappy 4 patches by being used as leaders and enders. A few others have also been trimmed to make these mini flying geese which are a mere 1.5 x 2.5 inches. All this is really good practice for me as machine piecing has never been my forte!



3. and finally I played around with some old recycled shirt fabric for some mindless sewing........
...............which is going to evolve into a baby quilt of some sort, after adding some applique to this background. So what did you get up to in February?

Keep on stitching :)

  

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Your bird is so pretty, Giselle. Love those colors -- like Spring! Julierose

Shirley said...

Miss you when you don't blog for a while. I can see that you have been keeping busy though and eventually all those little pieces will be a fabulous quilt. Can't wait to see the next instalment.

lindsey said...

First visit to your blog...I love your quilts!

Cathi said...

Love the bird -- definitely makes me feel like spring is close. :-)
And I adore your little quilt. There's something so satisfying about making tiny quilts.

Oops-Lah said...

Definitely not as much as you have! Well done again. Love the Sue Spargo block and can't wait to see more. Also the mini quilt is divine and I can well imagine a quilt with lots of those little mini quilts! A visit with you is always inspiring!

Sandra Henderson said...

I was thinking of you and thought I'd come over to see what you've been up to lately. BUSY, busy!! I love the sun shining on the little quilt you made. Also, the old, weathered bldg. it is on is so wonderful! Beautiful job. You are so creative and talented. Glad to see that you are doing well. Love the shirting quilt too!~ Great fun!

Rose Marie said...

Yummm .... I just love what you did with the recycled shirting fabric. I have lots of shirts just waiting to be cut up into something. You have just inspired me to get working on them. Your little minis that you have been making are gorgeous!