Saturday, September 04, 2010

Something new.....

Lucy joined me in the garden last weekend as we made the most of the fine weather to prepare quite a few of these.......I had ordered the templates & papers form here quite a long time ago but just hadn't got round to using them. My mother, knowing I have a weakness for tins & containers gave me this lovely old one below she no longer needed which is just the right size for keeping all the bits & pieces together.
Stitched together these slices make lovely pies (calorie free of course!) for the Pies & Tarts quilt designed by Sue Daley of Patchwork with Busyfingers. I know it's another EPP project, but this time instead of basting with needle & thread I'm glueing the fabric to the templates using a fabric glue pen by Sewline, which saves alot of prep time. See Sue's mini tutorial here.

I'm blaming the lovely Shirley of Stitcherydo for enticing me into starting this by showing her gorgeous pies here so we are now both working on this project & finding it as addictive as the Klosjes, Clamshells & Hexagons. I've been gradually building a little stash of red, blue & shirtings fabrics this last year which are perfect for this design as I've wanted to make a quilt using these colours for some time now. This pattern is also ideal for using up lots of different fabrics helping to reduce those piles of scraps we all collect.

The Quilt Room in the UK have started this as a BOM from the 1st September, so we reckon there are going to be quite a few out there stitching pies & were wondering if there's anyone else working on this design who would be interested in a Pies & Tarts club? Drop us an email or comment if you're interested.
Have a great weekend :)

14 comments:

Valentina said...

Gisele, they look so Delicious! I really like the way you are playing with the stripy fabrics!
So I am a question: how does one remove the papers from the backs when using the sewline glue pen?
I am so intrigued! :)
You know, Gisele, I would love to join you and Shirley because I love you both so much! But I think it might be too much for me. But I will gladly live vicariously through you! You know these are my colours...

Ok-- I am walking away, I am walking away...
:)
LOve YOU!
:)

Daniëlle said...

Your pies are mouthwatering!!! Gorgeous colours!! Like Valentina I am nót starting this project (please see to it that I put that in writing hihi). Have fun backing!! Hugs, Daniëlle

Shirley said...

Oh Gisele, I knew they would be worth the wait. They look very scrummy. Come on ladies you know you want to join us. They are addictive and calorie free.
Love Shirley.x

Theodora quilts said...

the pies look great,I clicked on the link and saw the quilt ,it is pretty it had two sizes of pies each on a square if I seen it right, I can't wait to see yours finished , and the tin that your mom gave you is so pretty I also love tins , I have so many projects started I can't allow myself to start another at this time , maybe in the future when I have more time for it.

Oops-Lah said...

I had no idea that you use the English Paper Piecing method to make the pies. I'm intrigued. But in any case, they look fantastic. Please don't tempt me to join in ;) I've already been drooling over Shirley's lovely creations BUT I do have to finish a few other projects first.... I think!

katrien said...

Lovely your pie and tart.Lovely fabrics you use .

Debby said...

I have ordered some templates and papers from Sue daley to. Dit you glue te fabric?

Greetings from debby,
the Netherlands

Rose Marie said...

I would be soooooo tempted to join in; but I have too much on the go right now. Perhaps one day.

Love what you are doing and the fabric choice is super!

Browndirtcottage said...

Wow...Wow Gisele....These are just w-a-y too cute! You must not tempt me to start another hand piecing project. I'm doing the clamshell and the hexies too!
You have a great blog!

*karendianne. said...

Oh my lord! I'm so in love. Look what you've done. Did you know I spied this design a while back in the Antique Quilts magazine. I haven't seen any of these links you've shared. Oh my gosh I'm so happy. Also, just learned more about Jersey. Was watching a series about Lillie (sp?) Langtree. Golly I'm having so much fun here at this moment. I was bummed out with my MS and not feeling well but I'm SEW OVER IT!

Cathi said...

Those look fabulous -- and oh, so tempting!
Beautiful shot of Lucy!

Theresa said...

I love these Gisele - I've admired Sue's Pies and Tarts quilt for a while now, this is going to be fabulous.

Are you thinking of doing a Kim McClean quilt?

yvonne said...

prachtig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! groetjes yvonne

Yvette said...

Your pies are wonderful!! I just got my templates and paper pieces to start mine. I hope they come out as great as yours.