Thursday, December 31, 2015

Hand Quilting & a Finish

 Good progress is being made hand quilting this top during the holiday break. 
Pattern is La Passacaglia from Willyne Hammerstein's 1st book Millefiori Quilts
Here's a shot from the back
Up closer
  I'm enjoying revisiting the fabrics used in each rosette as I quilt them

 Sometimes the fabric pattern dictates how that rosette will be quilted
 I'm about two thirds of the way done so far & am determined not to start anything else until it's complete.

Last month I finally finished a WIP that has been on the back boiler since 2010!
Tessellations BOM pattern by Australian designer Brigitte Giblin
 
I really didn't like the border fabric below that was provided so the blocks remained unframed until I came up with a different plan
Original border fabric that was provided - used some for the back
Back view

Wishing you all a Happy & Healthy 2016 full of quilty possibilities :)


Update 13/01/2016

I'm still hand quilting my Millefiori top & making good progress, linking up to weekly WOW




6 comments:

Cathi said...

Wow! Your La Passacaglia is stunning - both piecing and hand quilting! Beautiful!!
The black and white fabric you used to set your Tessellations quilt is wonderful - so another beautiful quilt!
Happy New Year!!

Oops-Lah said...

Great progress on all fronts. I wonder what you'll tackle next? Happy New Year Gisele . xx

Sandra Henderson said...

Beautiful! Your work is so amazing! You have such patience and an eye for color. Love the fabrics! I made myself a cup of tea and came over to catch up a bit on your lovely blog. Finally!

Shirley said...

Wow! Both quilts are amazing. Happy Belated New Year to you Gisele.

Corina said...

wow, amazing quilts!

Béa said...

WOW ! Amazing work, congrats on your finishes.