Sunday, May 31, 2015

La Passacaglia Millefiori quilt, Tessellations & Vintage Stars

Early April I completed my Vintage stars top & it has met with the quilt inspector's approval. I already have an idea how this will be hand quilted but that will have to wait for the winter. 


Remember these tessellation blocks from a 2010 BOM? Well, they've been sitting around already individually quilted just waiting for the right border as I really didn't like the fabric that had been supplied.
Last month inspiration finally struck, a few patterned EPP hexagons appliqued to some shot cotton ones....
..
Some corner blocks from EPP fussy cut jewel shapes & some contrasting joining strips
and we had a plan to see this project on it's way to completion!


La Passacaglia 

This pattern was designed by Willyne Hammerstein & can be found in her first book Millefiori Quilts published by Quiltmania. I had been waiting for the perfect project to dip in to my Tula Pink collection & this was it -  more EPP & lots of fussy cutting..... perfect! 

I'll just let the pictures do the talking......

Prince Charming range

Birds & the Bees and Fox Field  ranges

Saltwater range

Moonshine range

Birds & the Bees range

Fox Field & Acacia ranges

Bumble, Saltwater & Fox field ranges

Prince Charming, Birds & the Bees, Moonshine & Elizabeth ranges

Birds & the Bees ranges

Birds & the Bees, Acacia, Elizabeth & Fox Field ranges

Acacia range

Prince Charming & Elizabeth ranges

Moonshine range

Prince Charming himself!

Progress so far


3 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

You have been very busy - behind the scene ;)!!! I'm blown away with your La Passacaglia blocks! They are truly amazing. It seems the quilt is popping up all over the Internet and I just decided to jump on the bandwagon too. But I'm going to make the one of the cover of the second book called Ballet avec Kaffe Fassett.

Shirley said...

Oh my goodness Gisele, your La Passacaglia is amazing. I am in awe of it. Love your hexagon border too. It is the perfect choice. You have been very busy and your post is filled with wonderful stitching. Hope you are well.x

Sandra Henderson said...

The fabrics you've used fit this quilt perfectly! What an eye you have. You really must enter this into a show(s)!