Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Time for an update






Just don't know where the time goes these days & can't believe it's been so long since I last posted something here.......but I haven't been completely idle!

The remainder of 2013 was busy sewing wise completing an order of baby quilts and tactile taggies for  the shop at Durrell.


Throughout 2013 I had been making quite a few Antique rose blocks by EPP which would be an ideal Christmas present for someone I know who loves polka dots


 These blocks are such fun to make & great for using up all sorts of scraps


It was a bit of a mad rush to get this quilt top completed & quilted in time. I opted for big stitch hand quilting with Pearl 8 cotton






........and chose to stick with hexagons for the border quilting


I just managed to complete it on time as the last stitch of the binding was made on 23rd December!

2014 so far .........

Remember this time last year I was up to my eyes in making Easy Street, which was a mystery quilt designed by Bonnie Hunter, well this top was chosen as a 60th birthday present for a special person & needed to be quilted asap


For this one I decided to hand quilt in concentric circles radiating from the centre of each main block & filled the gaps in between with concentric squares


I quite like how this one turned out, even though the patchwork design is quite busy with lots of piecing, the hand quilting still shows up well


I now have a new project on the go for 2014......it involves hexagons & guess what EPP!


4 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

How lovely to hear from you. And no, you haven't been idle, far from it. I can't believe how many baby quilt you sewed as well as hand quilted your "easy street", not to mention all the EPP antique rose blocks. Amazing. I hope you are well and are dry where you are. Terrible news out of the UK at the moment. Hugs xx

Shirley said...

No, please don't leave it so long next time. I can see you have been very busy. Some fabulous stitching there and I LOVE the antique rose quilt. Mouthwatering. Hope you are well.

bockel24 said...

Hey, you´ve been busy, Gisele! Missed you!

RETA said...

Your work is exquisite. How beautiful! You are so talented and hard-working! Beautiful blogspot.

RETA@ http://evenhaazer.blogspot.com