We finally have a completed quilt! I had actually finished the construction 3 weeks ago but wasn't happy with the size.........
It was too long for the width and just looked unbalanced
So I took it apart to widen it. As this is constructed with the quilt as you go method on point, the only way to make it wider was to add rows to the middle
and add a couple more blocks plus extend the sashing to the previous adjoining row
so an extra 40 more baskets were appliqued, sandwiched & outlined quilted by hand before I got back to this stage of joining the 2 halves together again
This quilt is quite heavy & bulky so I rolled it up and used the ironing board for extra support & just unrolled a little section at a time to feed through the machine
The binding is now on & I can finally say the basket quilt is complete
It's a biggie 90" high x 105" wide - great for a big bed
I've really enjoyed making this one but am now glad to see the back of it!
(This quilt is for sale - email me for details at gtjsy at hotmail dot com)