Saturday, March 21, 2015

EPP Fussy Cut Stars

Throughout 2014 I was following Temecula Quilt Co's posts Fussy Cut Fridays & just loved the variety of stars being produced. Being a huge fan of EPP I finally succumbed in September & started making stars from my stash of Civil War reproduction fabrics.
I also loved the setting they used & decided to follow the same pattern for joining my stars together. You only need two shapes for this pattern,  2inch 60 degree diamonds &  4inch hexagons. (measurements taken on the side of the shape)
Here's a few of my favorites so far:





















I'm loving how this top is all coming together & already looking forward to hand quilting it when it's done.
So far all the stars are different & I've now exhausted my own repro stash, so, in order to have more variety I have purchased the odd 1800 remnant bag or two from Homestead Hearth. These bags are such good value & full of decent size scraps in a great mixture of fabrics which are perfect for making these stars.
The top is gradually growing to a decent size, hoping to make this large enough with a good drape for a double bed.

3 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Beautiful fussy cutting. Don't you think fussy cutting is addictive? I just love how secondary patterns appear. Probably the child in me ;)!

LuAnn said...

I love making these fussy cut EPP stars. I started to set mine like you and Temecula did, but I switched at the last minute. You and I have a lot of the same fabrics. Beautiful quilt.

Sue... said...

Wow, I love those stars I really need to get on with mine!!